What I love about being a trainer

I have come into personal/group fitness training a little later in life than most having had part of a career elsewhere first.  It took me a while to get here but now that I am here, I firmly believe that I will always love training people.  Here are a few reasons why.


My client's successes feel like joint successes

Setting goals with clients is a mainstay of training, it is something that you do on a regular basis.  Once the goal is set, it can be weeks or even years before the client gets to that goal (depending on how long-term a goal it is).  As such you get to see and help your clients through the ups and inevitable downs along the way.  So when a client reaches that goal it feels very much like you have both reached a goal - after all you have travelled the journey together even though the client has had the biggest burden to carry.


Every day is different

I used to work in an office where my daily routine changed very little.  Get in every morning, make coffee, log in to my computer, work, have lunch, work, go home.  This got very tedious fairly quickly.  The daily interactions with people obviously varied but there was little else that changed.  I understand that this is what life is like for the majority of jobs but I came to understand that I just did not enjoy it - I needed variety.  Training has provided that.  More specifically being a self-employed trainer has provided that.  One day I'm focusing on writing my training plans for the week, the next day I am training clients from dawn 'til dusk, and the next is working on a social media strategy.  Never a dull moment.


No ties...ever

Now to be fair I didn't often wear a tie in my previous job, only if I needed to meet a client face to face which was very rare as I was in a national unit dealing with people mostly over the phone. But the thought is the same.  No suit, no shirt, no tie.  The most dressed up I get is a tidy pair of jeans if I have a business meeting.  Otherwise, it is shorts/trackies and a polo shirt with a hoody.  That's a uniform I can handle!

So there are just a few reasons why I have what I think is the best job in the world.  I would love to hear from you about why you think your job is awesome.  
_________________________________________________________________________


I would love to hear what you think about this article.  Feel free to comment or recommend this post to a friend via social media.  It would mean a lot to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time to start talking...

The quicker the better…a brief article about speed

What does being fit even mean?