Are we having fun yet?

Do you treat your training sessions with a reverence similar to a monarchist meeting the queen? How is that working out for you, if you will excuse the pun?  I agree that workouts need to have focus and concentration, especially if you are lifting very heavy weights, but does that mean that we can't have a little fun too?

I recently posted the picture below to the 360 Degree Fitness Facebook page and Instagram account.

It shows the path of a training run I did recently where half way through my normal circuit of the park, I decided to mix things up and attempt to "paint" the park with my running route.
Before you say it, I know, I missed some spots.

I don't bring this up for you to say "well done you went for a run", I bring it up to suggest one thing.  Lets try and have fun when we exercise.  I know, strange theory right?  But why not - we are out there trying to improve our health, but that doesn't mean that we have to take it seriously!

Think up ways to make your workouts more enjoyable - add little games to your workouts like the one I did in my run.  Or you could workout with a friend and enjoy some laughs along the way.

If it isn't fun, do you really think you will want to keep going long term? Why don't we bring a more light-hearted approach to health and wellness rather than acting as if it is the most serious subject in the world.

By all means, when you are under a heavy bar use all the focus you have to ensure you are using proper technique.  But at other times, why not take things a little less seriously and maybe, just maybe, you might enjoy your workouts a little more.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, that wasn't supposed to happen...

It's time to start talking...

Nothing works like consistency...