Why 360 Degrees? The story behind the name...

It may not be apparent to everyone, but I put a lot of thought into what to name my fitness business before I finally decided on 360 Degree Fitness.  It involved many hours of staring blankly at a piece of paper trying to pick names out of thin air before I decided to get a bit smarter about the whole process.


360 Degree Fitness


I sat down after about a week of being frustrated with not coming up with a decent name and started to go about it in a more structured way.  I asked myself what I wanted the company to represent, what it's aims were for it's clients, the  training/coaching philosophy that I believed in, and then I went to work.

I took that blank piece of paper that had been taunting me for a week or so and started writing.  Big ideas rather than detailed things - things like mental health not just physical health, not getting bogged down in the minutia of the fitness industry, meeting people where they are rather than forcing them into boxes, and so on.

What eventually started showing up through these ideas was a constant theme of treating people as a whole, rather than narrowing down my focus solely to putting people through workouts.  

I wanted to approach coaching in a way that saw people as a complete package of things - physical exercise/movement, nutrition, mental health, sleep and recovery, emotional health, and much more in between.  I can't speak for other trainers/coaches out there, but I believe that this is the best way to get results for anyone who wants to improve their health and fitness - to treat them as a whole person, rather than just someone to put through a workout.

As a coach, I need to assess on an ongoing basis how the person is coping with life outside of the training sessions I help them complete - how are they sleeping?  What is their nutrition like?  How stressful is their work situation?  Is their home life supportive of their goals? Do they have anxiety about working out?  All of these types of questions are important, and play a part in how they will respond to the training I am asking their body to go through.

The breadth and depth of these questions is what led me to name my company 360 Degree Fitness.  It represents the way in which I want to coach - I want to understand the whole person that I am working with, not just the sets and reps that they complete each session.  When I am able to take into account all of the things going on in that persons life it allows me to be a better coach and all going well get them better results too.
_________________________________________________________________________

If you would like to find out more about the services we offer check out our website, you can even book an initial consultation and see how we can assist you in reaching your goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, that wasn't supposed to happen...

It's time to start talking...

Nothing works like consistency...