What I learned in 2015

This will most likely be my final blog post of the year.  As such, I thought that it would be useful to look back at the 12 months that have passed and see what I have learned along the way.  Some of it fitness related, some of it life related, some of it probably nonsensical, but don't judge me please.  Here goes.

1. I'm a morning person.  This may sound simple but it has changed my entire outlook on how I live and work.  Most days I now get up at 5.15am (at the latest - 3-4 days per week I am up at 4.30am).  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a martyr here.  I have just realised that I function better in the morning than at night.  Ss if I want to get more work done I need to be up earlier, simple as that.  I have been way more productive since making the change so I must be on to something.

2. The saying "If you find a job you love, you'll never work another day in your life" is actually true.  I love my job.  Simple as that - helping people reach their health and fitness goals brings with it a huge sense of pride.  Something I have never felt in any other job I have had. 

3.  I need to celebrate the small wins more.  I often tell my clients to celebrate the little victories - a small weight loss, a centimetre lost here and there, getting exercise in 4-5 times per week.  They are all positive steps towards the bigger goal they are reaching for.
It is something in life and business especially that I struggle with.  I need to take a step back and appreciate the small steps forward in my life.  

4.  I am an incredibly lucky person.  No I haven't won lotto - well we did win a free strike ticket the other day, but that's not what I mean.  I have amazing people in my life who I am tremendously grateful to call friends and family.

Firstly I have the best wife I could ask for - Sarah has been my rock since the day we got together.  There is no way I would be where I am today without her.  She is also an awesome mother to our awesome son Toby.  Seeing him when I get home from long days makes the hard work worth it.

My parents and sister have been a huge support to me also - even when all I want to do sometimes is vent.  My parents are also clients - so sorry for the endless push-ups.

There are many people outside of my family that have guided and assisted me this year but in the interests of not forgetting anyone I will leave out the names!  I would like to think that you know who you are and that I have shown my gratitude to you over the past year.

Lastly, but definitely not least thank you to my clients.  I have had the pleasure of working with the best bunch of people this year (and in the past).  I love training you all.  Thank you for the blood, sweat and tears this year.  All the effort you have shown has inspired me on a daily basis.  

Take some time to relax over the holiday season and put your feet up with a wine or two.  If you are travelling drive/fly/sail safe, and I look forward to getting back into things in the new year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time to start talking...

The quicker the better…a brief article about speed

Are you drinking your calories?