The next step in the journey
So yesterday I had my first follow up appointment at the fracture clinic to see how my Achilles tendon rupture was progressing. After a frosty greeting from the receptionist I have to say that the rest of the experience was great. The doctors and nurses there were all very friendly and helpful, which says a lot for their professionalism as they looked like they were run off their feet. The first thing they did was to cut through the old cast. Which felt great to get the air to my leg after it being in plaster for two and a half weeks. Then came the words that were like torture to me..."oh and please don;t move your leg until the doctor comes to see you" Which is great if the doctor comes straight away, however it was about 20 minutes before the doctor turned up, which was exquisite frustration waiting to take it fully out of the damned thing. Once I got it out I found something very interesting - there was no serious bruising at the point whe...

Comments
Post a Comment