Thanks for the first 2 years

I was informed by my LinkedIn profile the other day that it has been 2 years since the inception of 360 Degree Fitness. I thought as it has been an interesting, challenging and rewarding climb over those two years that I needed to thank some people for their help and support. It is always important to remember those who believed in you at those times when your own belief faltered so that is what I have done.
There are so many people who have had a hand in my business over its first 730 days. Not least of these are my clients. You are the reason why I get up in the morning and work late into the night. The reason why I have the best job in the world, and the reason I have stuck out the hard times to get through to where I am today. Yes, there have been some rough times – times where we were not sure where the money to pay the bills was coming from, but that is the price of following your dreams and having clients as enthusiastic and supportive as I have has made it all worth it.
One client used to pay over and above the usual fees for me to train them because they were the only person to show up at a group session (following some regulars being unavailable) because they felt that my time was worth more than just their fee for the hour. After having some tough weeks this type of belief has brought me through many tough times, so thank you for this. 
Other clients have simply been a pleasure to train. They bring effort and enthusiasm to every session no matter whether it is 6:00am and a pitch black winter morning, or an outdoor session in the pouring rain and icy southerly winds.
There are also some people who I would like to single out for special mentions. These people have made a big impact on me in the last two years. Firstly my wife Sarah. I could not ask for a better person to have in my corner. There have been probably hundreds of moments of doubt over the last two years, ranging from minor moments to full-scale freak-outs and she has got me through them all with a love, patience and understanding that I didn’t think was possible. Thank you for everything you have done and the amazing support you have been.
Thanks also to my parents, my first clients and two of my biggest supporters and advocates, and still going strong with your training. Thanks for all of your belief and support, it has been an immense help over the years and I thank you for that. I also thank you for still accepting my decision to escape university the first time, it led me down a long and winding road back to university and a career about which I am truly passionate.
To Nui and Norma Parekura, an immense thank you. You have both been there for Sarah and me when times have been tough. When we needed a miracle to help us through there you guys were. We can’t thank you enough for everything you have done for us over the last few years. Nui, thanks for being a guinea pig for a couple of different training programmes, and for volunteering to write my first client blog. It has brought humour and motivation to more people than you know.
Scott Wadham is the other client who has bravely volunteered to write a blog for me. He has been a long term client and before that was part of a football team I coached. He has been awesome to train over the years and I believe that he is a great example of an individual who sets a goal and then lets nothing stop him in achieving that goal. Keep putting in the hard work and you will get to where you want to in your football career, I truly believe that.
Paul Alsford has also been a big part of my success. Thank you for being such a great teacher both in business and in wider life philosophy also. I know my endless lists, pen spinning and “multi-directional attention” (lack of focus) must drive you crazy, but you hide it well and for that I thank you!
Thanks to Beckie Duffy also. The Churton Park Community Centre has been a hub for me over the last few years, and you have been a great person to bounce ideas off and discuss problems and hassles about the business which are, I’m sure a little outside of your job description. Your help has been really appreciated.
Well that’s about it from me, I know this has turned into a long personal thank you list but I feel that it is important to thank those who have helped you along the way. So thank you for the first two years, it’s been a barrel of laughs (mostly). I look forward to the next 2, and many more after that!
________________________________________________________________________

I would love to hear what you think about this article.  Feel free to comment or recommend this post to a friend via social media.  It would mean a lot to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time to start talking...

Well, that wasn't supposed to happen...

The quicker the better…a brief article about speed