Whats my BAG?

Whats my BAG?

Every year I take time over the Christmas and New Year holiday period to let my mind wander and dream about what I would like to achieve over the coming year.  I often find that during the year while I am working I don't have the mental capacity to do this type of reflective deep thinking.  IT often results in a few different types of goals - some goals for my business, some personal goals, and even some family goals (if my wife and agree).

This year I didn't seem to be able to get into the right headspace to get to that great place where my mind wanders and comes to these different places.  However, as I could not seem to find this place, I decided to take a different course for my goals this year.

Instead of setting a number of different bite sized goals, I decided instead to work on one Big Audacious Goal (BAG) this year.  I decided on a goal which I could track easily and that would have multiple benefits for both mind and body.  The goal?

I will complete 500 hours of physical training this calendar year.

This works out to be just under 1.4 hours of training per day.  More than that really as I will be taking rest days throughout in order to prevent injury and recover properly.  This is on top of any incidental exercise that I do along the way - for example, if I go swimming with my son in the pool for an hour it doesn't count as it is not dedicated, structured training.

It should be an interesting year in terms of training, and I look forward to seeing how I progress.  I am sure there will be challenges along the way but I am positive that I will see this goal through to the magical 500 hour mark.  

So now that I have told you mine, what's your BAG? I would love to hear what you would like to accomplish this year.  Tell me on Facebook or email me here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time to start talking...

The quicker the better…a brief article about speed

Are you drinking your calories?