How bloguary was like a fitness journey...

Well, today is the final day of Bloguary and I have managed to successfully blog each and every day in February.  It has been a very rewarding process, I have found some days tough and some days have been easier, but overall I believe it has been worth it.  For the final day, I thought that I would share the ways in which Bloguary has been like a fitness journey.  So here we go...


Some days are easy, some are hard...

Like I mentioned above, some days were easy.  The blog posts not only came to mind quickly but the actual words flowed well once I got writing also.  This is similar to completing your workouts and eating to your plan each week.  Some days you will be on fire and things will happen easily and without stress.  Other days you will turn up at the gym and have to grind out a sub-par workout that was harder than it should have been.  This is OK, just turn up, put in the work, and the results will come.  It isn't always going to be a piece of cake, but you will be happy when you dug deep and got through the difficult days.  As the cliche goes, nobody ever finishes a workout and regrets doing it.

It pays to plan ahead...

I admit it, not every one of these blog post subjects was thought up on the day.  In fact, a few of them were even written in advance and just posted on that particular day.  But I did this for a reason.  Firstly we were going on holiday at the start of the month and I wasn't sure how great our internet coverage would be, secondly, life happens!  With a project like this, it pays to think ahead and try and remove as many roadblocks as possible.  The same goes for your training and nutrition programme.  What obstacles can you see for your week or even month ahead, and how could you overcome them?  Thinking ahead can not only make things easier but prevent you from falling off the health and fitness wagon altogether as can happen if you hit too many obstacles in a row. So do a little thinking each week, it can drastically alter your results.  

Having accountability helps...

At the start of the month, I put it out there on Facebook and Instagram that I was going to blog each day of February.  Now I have no idea how many people read this, I know a few people gave me suggestions for blog posts (thanks to those that did, if I didn't get to yours I will endeavour to do so in the future) but I don't know if anyone really paid a whole lot of attention to the announcement.  But to me, there would be people who were going to check and see if I had actually put out a post each day.  And that was more motivation than whether anyone would actually comment if I missed a day.  The same motivation can be used with a fitness or nutrition goal.  Put it out there, it doesn't have to be to the entire world, but close friends or family can be a big support in keeping you honest about your training and nutrition.  So don't be afraid to share your big goals.

So there are three important things that I have learned from this experience.  I hope that you have also learned a few useful things along the way.  This is by no means my final blog post ever, just the last one of the month.  I will endeavour to keep bringing you posts that are interesting, educational, honest and of value to you.  If you would like me to blog about a particular subject then please get in touch and let me know.  I would love to write about what you would like to read about!  And last but not least, to all of you who have read my blogs this month, I would like to say a huge thank you.  I have appreciated all of the feedback.
_________________________________________________________________________

If you found this blog post useful it would mean a lot to me if you could share it on social media, email it to a friend who might find it useful too or leave me a comment below.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well, that wasn't supposed to happen...

It's time to start talking...

Is your environment looking after you?